The BSA Congress is BSA’s supreme controlling organ, dealing with a variety of matters including election of the BSA President and the BSA Executive Committee
The BSA Congress is BSA’s supreme controlling organ.
An Ordinary Congress is held every year. A second Ordinary Congress may be called by the BSA Executive Committee to deal with financial matters and/or matters of particular significance.
The press conference following the 2019 Congress
Matters within its power include:
- receipt and consideration of the BSA Annual Report
- acknowledgement of the financial report and the auditors’ report, approval of the annual accounts and budget
- election of the BSA President
- election of BSA Executive Committee members, and ratification of the Executive Committee members elected by the Belgian Club Association (BCA) and Belgian Divisions & Leagues.
- election of the Belgian members of the UESA Council
- election of the auditing body
- amendment of the BSA Statutes
- consideration and taking of decisions on proposals
- consideration of membership applications and the exclusion of a member or member association
- decisions on the lifting or continuation of the suspension of a member association, BSA Executive Committee member or a member of another body
- consideration of proposals for the dismissal of a BSA Executive Committee member or the BSA organs for the administration of justice
- receipt and consideration of the FISA and UESA Congress agenda
- receipt and consideration of the minutes of the previous BSA Congress
- bestowal of honorary membership
An Extraordinary Congress may be convened by the BSA Executive Committee, or at the written request of one fifth or more of the BSA member associations, stating the items to be placed on the agenda.
xxxcity, xxxxxcounty, xxxxxregion Belgium, staged the xxth Ordinary BSA Congress on 7th April 2018. The main items on the agenda were:
- BSA Annual Report for 2016/17
- Reports of the committee chairmen
– BSA President (for a four-year term)
– BSA Executive Committee (eight members, including at least one female, for a four-year term)
– UESA Council (two UESA vice-presidents for a four-year term, one ordinary member for a four-year term, and two ordinary members for a two-year term)
- Ratification of a new representative of the Belgian Club Association (BCA) on the BSA Executive Committee
- Ratification of new members of the BSA Organs for the Administration of Justice
- The full Congress can be watched here
The xxst Ordinary BSA Congress will take place in Glasgow on 26-28 March 2021.
BSA may, on the proposal of the BSA Executive Committee, bestow the status of honorary president or honorary membership upon a person for especially meritorious services to Belgian Subbuteo.
- 2017/18 BSA Annual Report
- 2017/18 BSA Financial Report
- 2017/18 BSA Financial Report – annex
- 2017/18 Report of the President and Executive Committee – BSA Administration Report
- 2018/19 BSA Financial Planning
- 2018/19 BSA Annual Report
- 2018/19 BSA Financial Report
- 2018/19 BSA Financial Report – annex
- 2018/19 Report of the President and Executive Committee – BSA Administration Report
- 2019/20 BSA Financial Planning
- 2019/20 BSA Annual Report
- 2019/20 BSA Financial Report
- 2019/20 BSA Financial Report – annex
- 2019/20 Report of the President and Executive Committee – BSA Administration Report
- 2020/21 BSA Financial Planning
Honorary presidents may attend the BSA Congress and BSA Executive Committee meetings in an advisory capacity, but have no vote. Honorary members may attend the BSA Congress in an advisory capacity, but have no vote.
BSA honorary president
BSA honorary members